Sales & Marketing Intern (Spring 2018)
Academic Studies Press is currently seeking a Sales & Marketing Intern for the Spring 2018 semester. This internship provides valuable experience for those interested in scholarly publishing, sales and marketing, and/or Slavic and Jewish studies.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with the execution of marketing plans for books and journals.
- Identifying new audiences and sales and marketing opportunities.
- Performing administrative tasks, including mailing, scanning, and copying.
- Maintaining ASP’s social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, and website blog.
- Creating email newsletters announcing new and forthcoming titles, published reviews, news, and discount promotions.
- Responding to incoming review inquiries and examination copy requests.
- Maintaining and building upon current lists of relevant journals, publications, and appropriate review outlets.
- Updating website book listings and internal databases with excerpts from new reviews.
- Submitting order claim forms to printer for damaged books.
- Uploading PDF and MOBI files to ebook vendors.
Candidates should currently be enrolled in an academic program. This position requires at least 10 hours a week. Compensation is $11/hour. Please forward a resume and cover letter to email@example.com for consideration.
About Academic Studies Press
Located in Brighton, MA, Academic Studies Press is an independent scholarly publisher devoted to advancing knowledge and understanding in the humanities and social sciences, with an emphasis on Jewish Studies and Slavic Studies. Through our outstanding, opinion-leading authors and series editors, we continuously strive to enhance understanding through our monographs and critical companions, improve the accessibility of classic works through our translations, and inspire dialogue through our scholarly commentaries. We champion innovative ideas and new, creative interpretations.